Please join us at the Iowa Arboretum in Madrid on Monday, July 25 for an important community discussion of farm and food policy in Iowa.
WHEN: Monday, July 25, 2016, 10am – 3pm
The morning session (10:00AM to noon) will feature:
- Update on federal policy issues, including Farm Bill programs, food labelling, trade, the RFS, the organic checkoff, industry consolidation
- Farm Bill listening session to gather your input and ideas on what should be included in the next Farm Bill
- Candidate Q&A; we have invited the U.S. Senate candidates and candidates for the 3rd & 4th Congressional Districts to answer your questions on farm farm and food policy
The afternoon session (1:00PM to 3:00PM) will feature:
- Update on state policy issues, including water quality, local foods, pesticide drift, and CAFO regulation
- Issue roundtables to share and discuss your ideas for state and local policies that will support Iowa’s family farms and communities
A locally-sourced lunch will be served at noon.
The afternoon session will wrap up at 3:00PM and will be followed by a pie & ice cream social.
This event is free and open to the public. Please come and enjoy a lovely summer day at the Iowa Arboretum and good conversations with your fellow Farmers Union members!
You can RSVP for the event here or contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org, (515) 451-8492.