As we approach the end of 2016, we are looking ahead to the many opportunities and challenges of the new year:
- Fighting for clean, drinkable water for Iowa’s farms and communities;
- Creating opportunities and leveling the playing field for sustainable livestock production on independent, locally-owned family farms;
- Crafting a new Farm Bill that promotes conservation, addresses climate change, strengthens the farm safety net, and supports a new generation of family farmers.
We have a lot of hard work ahead in 2017, and we know that we face a challenging landscape for many of the issues that are so important to our community of family farmers and advocates.
Working together, we can meet those opportunities and face our challenges with resolve:
- To be the voice of independent family farms;
- To be an outspoken champion for our shared values of economic and environmental sustainability in the rural economy;
- To fight for safe and healthy food, a clean environment, and a good quality of life for all Iowa communities.
As a grassroots organization, our strength lies with you, our members and supporters. You already have been so generous with your time and support in 2016.
PLEASE CONSIDER A YEAR-END GIFT NOW TO HELP US ENTER THE NEW YEAR WITH THE RESOURCES WE NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOU.
*To make a tax deductible contribution, please designate all or a portion of your donation for the IFU Education Foundation by checking the appropriate box on our Donation Page. Your tax deductible contribution will be used exclusively to support IFU educational programs in 2017.
As always, thank you for all you do to support the IFU and Iowa’s family farms, and we look forward to working with you in 2017!