The Iowa Farmers Union is excited to seek qualified applicants for Executive Director opportunity.
The Iowa Farmers Union is the oldest general farm organization in Iowa and advocates for family farming, sustainable agriculture and vibrant rural communities. IFU is a chartered division of the National Farmers Union and has approximately 1,000 members after a recent period of steady and substantialgrowth. The organization currently employs 2.75 FTE’s and has an annual budget over $300,000. To further fulfill its mission, the organization is announcing its search for a full-time executive director.
The Executive Director is responsible for overall programmatic, funding, personnel, administrative and financial matters of the Iowa Farmers Union (IFU) and the Iowa Farmers Union Education Foundation (IFUEF). The Executive Director works closely with employed and contracted staff to conduct programming commitments, goals and objectives. The Executive Director reports to the President and works with the Board of Directors to fund the organization, develop and set policies, issue positions, and lead the programmatic direction of IFU. The Executive Director must support IFU’s mission and carry out all orders and resolutions approved by the board of directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Direct and supervise all office and programmatic activities.
● Develop, manage, and monitor the financial activities of the organization for growth.
● Develop and implement the strategic plan with the President, staff and board of directors.
● Represent the organization to members, the public, funders, elected officials and allied organizations as needed to build strength and impact.
● Conduct membership, communication, education and outreach activities that mobilize and increase membership, increase political impact and improve the financial health of the organization.
● Additional authority, power, and duties as assigned by the President.
The Executive Director supervises staff members and contractors. Duties include but are not limited to:
● Managing a dispersed staff with effective online, phone and in-person communications
● Hiring, firing and evaluating staff
● Establishing compensation levels
● Updating and/or changing job descriptions as needed
● Coordinating staff training and continuing education
● Developing and implementing systems that ensure documented progress toward organizational goals
To keep reading, download the position description here: Position Description
Applicants should send a resume with a cover letter explaining their unique qualifications for this position to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 15th, 2023, but the position will remain open until filled.